Friday, July 31, 2009

What math would I need to take for economics and finance?

I'm thinking about double majoring in finance and economics. I know I need one level of calculus. What other types of math would I need to benefit myself and would I need calculus II and III? Thanks in advance.

What math would I need to take for economics and finance?
At a minimum, you should have calculus I and II.





After that, a semester of stastics or econometrics would be important.





From there, it depends. If you are really interested in mathematical economics or mathematical finance, you would want to to take calculus III, and an introduction to ordinary differential equations.





For graduate level work in economics you might take real analysis, and perhaps linear algebra. Graduate level work in mathematical finance would require some knowledge of probability and stochastic processes.
Reply:Calculus, most definately!

fruit gift baskets

No comments:

Post a Comment