Friday, July 31, 2009

Can you work at an accounting firm with a finance degree?

I'm graduating in finance and an accounting CPA firm asked me to interview with them (small firm of about 60). I have only taken 12 hrs of accounting (2 beginner and 2 intermediate classes but they were a while ago and I only know the basics). Would I be able to cut it in an accounting position there? And also, what would I be doing? I ask this cus the interview is 3 days away and a 3 hour drive and want to make sure it is worth it and I actually know and like what I would be doing. Thanks.

Can you work at an accounting firm with a finance degree?
Yep you can. But be aware that you will be behind others and have to make up for it especially if you need to take and pass the CPA exam. I worked wth people who had English degrees for God's sake, lol. Depending on the firm you could be doing audits, write ups (bookkeeping) or taxes. Audits would be the easiest transition since that is mostly common sense and business knowledge.


No comments:

Post a Comment