Friday, July 31, 2009

How is the online application process on the Student Finance Direct website?

I’m a 2nd year undergraduate and as such am contemplating whether to submit my application for Student Finance via their website or whether just to stick with the paper application, as I have done so in the past.





How is the application process? Can you save and go back to completing the form online? How do you prove your identity, that is do they require any identification to be sent?

How is the online application process on the Student Finance Direct website?
I've done it online twice now, and I never had any problem -it's useful if you're starting a course, because it will remember some of your details when you have to reapply the next year, but you will still need to prove your identity (with a passport or birth certificate) and support the application by sending things through the post (proof of income from you or a parent etc).





I've never used the paper application so I couldn't say if it's easier, and I also can't remember if you can save your progress in the middle of filling out the application, -but you probably can because they have broken it down into a number of different sections.





The only problem I had was last year, when I tried to apply when they first opened the online form, and I think their server got really busy, but other than that everything was fine.
Reply:My Son tried to use that a couple of years back and never succeeded because the code they sent him did not work... but worth trying I expect......

lily

No comments:

Post a Comment