Saturday, July 25, 2009

How much will a Finance degree add to my Marketing degree that I already have in terms of salary?

Okay, I currently have Marketing Degree (fresh graduate), however, I am debating on whether or not I should go for a Finance degree also since it could be achieved in only 6 months since most of the material overlaps. Does anyone know how much of an financial increase in salary a finance degree will get me on top of a marketing degree? If it helps I am interested in becoming a brand manager.

How much will a Finance degree add to my Marketing degree that I already have in terms of salary?
If you make 40k per year you'll lose 20k for the time you do your finance degree.


Lets say you'll get an increase, something like 10k, you need to work 2yrs to pay off your degree with the increase you got


To become a brand manager [in my opinion] you need experience rather than degrees
Reply:I would do it . I am not sure it will increase your starting salary but I think that finance is essential and invaluable to any brand manager. Imagine a creative genious who understands the brand that can actually stay on budget , get the most out of the spend !


No comments:

Post a Comment