Monday, August 3, 2009

What is the best personal finance site that you know?

I'm looking for a great personal finance site to help me figure out where my little amount of cash is disappearing to.

What is the best personal finance site that you know?
OK, my first stop would be google.





Next, I would get myself educated about budgeting here:


http://www.freebudgetkit.com/





Then I would get smarter about investing here:


https://personal.vanguard.com/us/plannin...





As to figuring out where your little cash goes to, only you can do that.


Every time you spend a penny, write it down. Write down when, where, and what you spent your money on. At the end of the month, tally it up into several categories. (Be as specific or broad as you want, fast food could fall to dining out and entertainment, or could be listed separately, your call)





At the end of the month, I will bet you will be very surprised to find out exactly how much of your take home pay you spend on unnecessary stuff in the $2 - $10 range.





I did this several years ago, and discovered that I was spending over $200 a month on coffee, bottled water, and snacks. Never realized that the $1.75 a day on a Starbucks would add up quite that severly.
Reply:I am reading lots of personal finance blogs which I found very helplful: the simple dollar, get rich slowly, lazy man and money, free money finance are just a few that come to my mind. If you are interested google them and you will find more blogs on their blogroll.


No comments:

Post a Comment