Monday, August 3, 2009

How hard is it to get a Finance Major?

Right now I am a math education major and I realized that I don't want to teach. And now I don't know what to change my major to. I was thinking of either going into Business Finance or Accounting, but I don't know which one is harder or requires more work/effort.





I was also wondering what kind of jobs you can get with both? I heard that with accounting you are pretty much limited to one kind of job. And with finance you have a more broad selection.

How hard is it to get a Finance Major?
Finance majors are not that hard but they are not the easiest business subject to major in. I would say accounting and finance are the hardest two business majors. Marketing and Business Administration are a little easier. I double majored in accounting and finance and it was pretty difficult. Probably wouldn't have been as bad if I had only majored in one of them though. As far as job selection, with accounting you can do tax, audit, bookkeeping, analyst work, etc. With finance you do have a pretty broad range you can get but I found that mostly people take analyst jobs. And if you are getting certified the CPA and CFA exams are both pretty hard. Good luck!!!
Reply:No harder than any other major if you know math.


No comments:

Post a Comment