Monday, April 20, 2009

How do I get into finance while getting Engineering Bachelors?

Getting Bachelor%26#039;s in Aerospace. Am currently a sophomore. Would like to get an MBA after grad and go into finance. What can I get into this summer to benefit myself in future. Should or can I get internship in banking? OR am I best sticking with internship in Aero until after MBA? I want to help myself out the best that I can to get into the business field.

How do I get into finance while getting Engineering Bachelors?
First of all, I%26#039;d like to ask you, if you know you want to go into finance at the end of the day, when are you still pursuing your Engineering degree in Aerospace? Is it for your personal interest?





For now, I think you should consider taking as many finance/business courses are you can (maybe double major/minor in Business?). This will 1) help you figure out whether you REALLY like finance, and 2) increase your chances of getting a finance internship interview eventually (it%26#039;s rare that a company will consider interviewing an engineering major with no finance background).





A few comments about going into finance through getting an MBA... Why not do pursue finance now as an undergrad? MBA tuition is not cheap, plus top MBA schools (if you want to go to MBA school, you should go for the top ones) will only consider you if you have valuable work experience to share with your fellow classmates. It will be tough getting into a good MBA school straight after undergrad.





I hope this helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment