Monday, March 23, 2009

How to convince recruiters about a career change to Corporate Finance?

I am an Industrial engineer and want to make a move to Corporate Finance, one of the questions I get most often is why do I want to make such a career change and how I see myself fit into this role ? or justify how you can do well in Corporate Finance role despite your non finance background?


I am currently enrolled in a full time MBA program and planning to take finance courses but I want to know how I can really sell myself on this idea ?|||You need to find a hiring manager that will take a chance on you. Avoid head hunters or recruiters. They are looking for easy, no-brainer, matches. They are usually a step up from used car salesmen in my opinion.





You may need to take a cut in pay to make this happen. I made a career change in IT from one technology to another and I was able to find a manager that took a chance on me, but I had to take a 20% cut in pay. At the time, I had no mortgage or kids and I was able to do it without it seriously impacting my lifestyle.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment